Got a child who needs a little calm-me-down at bedtime? Here are three great versions of the classic “Warm Milk” from The Caboodle Cookbook by Jay and Lisa Cestnik. Older kids can make them by themselves (with adult supervision of course).
1/2 tablespoon molasses
3/4 to 1 cup 2% milk
1. Pour molasses into a mug.
2. Heat milk on the stove or in the microwave, but do not boil it.
3. Stir 1 tablespoon of molasses into the milk. Gradually stir in the rest of the milk.
1/2 peeled frozen banana
1/3 cup 2% milk
1. Cut banana into pieces and puree in a blender or food processor.
2. Gradually add the milk while blending.
3. Puree the mixture until the banana is smooth and the milk is frothy.
4. Heat on the stove or in the microwave until warm and enjoy.
1 Peppermint tea bag
3/4-1 cup 2% milk
1 teaspoon sugar or honey
1. Combine ingredients.
2. Heat (on the stove or in the microwave).
3. Remove tea bag and enjoy.