With all the cooking baking and eating that has been done in the last month, something quick, delicious and nutritious is a welcome notion. This is, hands down one of the easiest tastiest soups around and can easily be doubled. With its simple ingredients you can share with your little one.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion – roughly chopped
- 1 cup cilantro – roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 cups homemade chicken stock or 2 cans of condensed and 2 cups water
- 2 28 fluid ounce of plum tomatoes-drained
- 2 fully cooked chicken breasts – roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Sour cream – for garnish
- Tortilla chips – for garnish
Add olive oil to sauce pan and sauté onion, garlic, and cilantro until the onions are clear, about 10 minutes. Remove contents from pan and puree in a food processor or blender, add plum tomatoes and continue to puree until smooth. Pour back into sauce pan and add chicken stock, salt and pepper, cumin and chicken. Simmer for at least 30 minutes. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and tortilla chips, you can add chopped chipotle for a little kick!