This pasta salad is a nutritious and delicious recipe that the whole family will enjoy. Better yet, instead of getting out the chopping board and heading to the store to buy all the ingredients, Sliced Tomatoes will shop, chop, marinate and deliver all the ingredients including the easy to follow recipe ready for you to put together without having to deal with all the preparation giving you more time to spend with your family!
What you’ll need:
100 gr whole wheat penne pasta
1 whole tomato, small dice
1/4 red onion, small dice
1 cup romaine lettuce
3 basil leaves
¼ cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, medium cubes
¼ cup black olives, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp honey
¼ tsp dried chili flakes
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a small pot. Add a small pinch of salt and the penne pasta. Boil for 7-10 minutes or until al dente.
- Strain pasta and run under cold water until it is cooled down.
- Meanwhile, clean the romaine lettuce. Cut it into thin strips and place in a medium bowl.
- Cut the basil into thin strip as well and place in the bowl with the romaine lettuce.
- In the same bowl, put the drained pasta, diced tomatoes and onions, the skim-mozzarella cheese, and black olives. Mix together.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and chili flakes. Stir well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix the dressing in with the salad and serve immediately.